Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting solution involves storing and/or sharing specific content on a server managed by a web hosting company. There are different classes of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's have a glimpse at them. In this way, you can elect what you need, based on whether you wish to establish a web site, e-mail aliases, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by some file storage providers, which lets you share immense files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage plans are often supported by showing ads next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a specific interval of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a completely wrong interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would assign the workload between separate bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various webspace hosting services (electronic mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a kind of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given companies offer a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting type is suitable if you wish to share a big quantity of pictures with buddies or partners since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will receive a random link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to taking care of your mail address accounts. Some vendors provide web site hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail solution. If you desire to keep an email address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a web site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can set up email accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file generates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video files and a few hundred website visitors, you may have difficulty with your web site hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will allow you to utilize as many video files as you want without bothering about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to keep a web site. To a certain degree, it involves all of the aforementioned hosting types since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and e-mail aliases, upload video files, and so on. At Hosting Webs UK, for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that enable you to get all of the aforesaid services in a single place. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the common email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for particular web content solely.